The Division of Student Affairs contributes to the establishment of a student-centered learning community that fosters educational and personal development and is dedicated to the Catholic and Jesuit tradition of care for self and others.
Student Affairs in partnership with other University efforts fulfills this mission by:
- Educating students as whole persons, promoting their intellectual, moral, spiritual, and social development;
- Enhancing students’ learning and helping to prepare them for lives of discernment, civic engagement, and professional growth;
- Teaching personal responsibility and respect for people of all faiths, cultures, and beliefs;
- Promoting the health and safety of students and others in the University community;
- Providing service to those in need, both within the University and in the District of Columbia.