Bridge Housing

Georgetown understands that some students may experience housing instability during scheduled university breaks. We can offer guidance on securing housing during these breaks to undergraduate students in the following categories:

  1. the student’s family is staying in temporary housing or a shelter, 
  2. the student has been determined to be independent by Georgetown’s Office of Student Financial Services,
  3. the student’s home is physically unsafe,
  4. the student’s home country is experiencing political conflict, or
  5. other extenuating circumstances that have resulted in unsafe or unstable housing.

Please note that graduating students are not eligible for bridge housing after they graduate.


We encourage students to explore the resources below as you plan for the summer:

  • Summer School: If you are planning on taking at least 6 credits over the Summer Sessions, including Georgetown-approved study abroad, you can apply for financial aid for the summer. If you are eligible for need-based financial aid, your aid package will include an allotment for housing and food.
  • Other Sources of Funding/Housing: There are more than 50 flexible ways to fund your summer, with significant funding available to students, including part-time jobs or grants that include housing. Please check out this database of funding opportunities and jobs, which is updated regularly.
  • If you exhaust these options and are still concerned that you will not have safe housing over the summer and fit at least one of the above categories, please complete this form.

Winter Break

Georgetown’s residential buildings, except University townhouses, are closed when the university is closed during winter break.  

  • Eligible Georgetown Scholars Program (GSP) students may receive an email about other housing options for winter break. If you haven’t received this and/or are planning ahead, you may email and note you are in GSP and seeking winter housing to find out your options.
  • Undergraduate students who are not in GSP and are experiencing one or more of the personal circumstances noted above should contact to receive advising support and discuss possible solutions during winter break.

Transition Housing

Do you have summer housing figured out but need transition housing during May or August and fit one of the above categories? Please complete this form. It is not a guarantee, but we will try to help.